It’s the middle of the week. You still have 2 full days before the weekend. I get it. That’s why I’m sharing Wednesday wellness tips of the week to help with work-life balance, mental health, fitness routines, self-care, and more!
Mid-week life isn’t always a vibe. You’re far enough away from last weekend that it feels like a distant memory. You’re even farther away from this weekend so much so that it feels like a 6-month away planned vacation. Not to mention, your self-care routines are slipping.
I can totally relate to this! Making sure you’re still implementing self-care routines into your busy week is so important. This can substantially improve not only your mental health but also your physical health!
It’s funny to me that I am such an active gal, but back in college, I didn’t seem to put together that getting a college degree meant that I was signing up for a desk job for 40 years. Silly, I know. As someone who thrives off of movement and healthy routines, I really struggled with this adjustment after college.
That is to say, I find that the older I get, the more intentional I have to be about movement and healthy habits. I’m two years post-grad and I have some tips to share with you about wellness and healthy living. Let’s talk about some mid-week Wednesday wellness ideas to inspire more wellness into your weekly routine.
This Post Is All About Wednesday Wellness Tips
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read the full disclosure here.
Wellness Tips for the Busy But Active Girl
There are 8 pillars of wellness you should be aware of including:
8 Pillar of Wellness – Wednesday Wellness Tips
It can be overwhelming to focus on so many aspects of wellness at a time, so let’s talk about the most prominent pillars to consider.
1. Wellness Wednesday Health Tips
If you know me, you know that I am a huge advocate for healthy and balanced living. It truly has changed my life. Likewise, prioritizing your health is the number one way that you will feel more confident in your body, have more energy to do the things you love, and live a long and happy life.
On the contrary, this mentality can be thrown out the window, especially mid-week when work is picking up, you might have kids to care for, and you’re exhausted. Even when life gets busy, it’s so important that we do not let our healthy routines slip.
Michelle Obama’s “Let’s Move!” campaign really inspired me to see how easy it is to incorporate movement into our daily routines, even during the week and especially when we’re busy. Moreover, the idea is for all American adults to move in their bodies for 30 minutes per day. Pretty doable if you ask me!
Not only is this extremely attainable for a lot of people, I strongly believe that everyone has 30 minutes to take care of their health. Heck, I probably spend that much time scrolling Instagram throughout day!
Below are some major benefits you can expect to see from implementing more movement into your busy routine, especially when it feels like you just don’t have time for it.
Benefits of Mid-Week Movement – Wednesday Wellness Tips
- Improved insomnia symptoms
- Improved sleep quality
- More energy
- Better mental clarity
- Less anxiety
- Better body image
Contrary to popular belief, you do not need a gym membership to get movement in. I find that exercising from home or close by is so much more attainable, especially when I’m busy.
It’s important that we don’t let our exercise routines fall short during the week because this is when we need them most! Likewise, here are some of my favorite ways to move my body mid-week, that don’t require you to have a gym membership nor do they take up a lot of time.
- Take a long walk with a friend at a park or around your neighborhood
- Ride your bike around your neighborhood or at a local trail
- Rollerblade on campus or on a trail
- Grab some dumbells and do an at-home 30-minute workout!
- Snag some resistance loops on Amazon and do a pilates-styled workout
- Do a stair stepper workout at a nearby stadium (most college stadiums are always open!)
Prioritizing your health does not require you to have a gym membership or really to spend any money. You can actually get away with spending very little if you do decide to invest in some gym equipment!
I love finding ways to move my body that are functional, fun, and don’t require a gym membership. I find functional fitness to be so much more enjoyable, attainable, time-conscious, and realistic for busy women like us!
Additionally, below you can find a few more health tips I intentionally incorporate into my routine to make sure I’m following through on my Wednesday wellness tips.
Healthy Routines – Wednesday Wellness Tips
- Be intentional about breakfast. I find that the better I fuel my body in the morning, the more energy I have. Also, the more satiated I feel throughout the day (a.k.a less snacking and no 3 p.m. mid-week crashes).
- Pack your lunch. You’re more likely to make a healthy food decision if you plan for it ahead of time.
- Get to bed earlier. Everyone knows sleep is important, but do we actually do it? Stop scrolling, close your eyes, and rest. Your body will thank you!
2. Wellness Tips for Mental Health
Likewise, we all know self-care is an important part of our wellness routines. You’re probably not thinking much about self-care when you’re just trying to get through the week. But, self-care is important no matter what part of the week it is.
Here are my favorite go-to self-care tips mid-week that help me stay sane, feel more balanced, and actually enjoy the hustle-bustle of midweek chaos.
Wellness Wednesday Ideas – Self Care
- Find hobbies outside of scrolling on social media. Seems obvious, but staying off your phone will do wonders for your mental health! Stop living other people’s lives, and start living yours! My fiancé and I got a 6-month membership to a local gym during the colder months and we loveeeee going every evening for just 45 minutes to shoot hoops, play pickleball, or walk. In the warmer months, we find activities to do outside!
Self-Care Ideas for More Wellness
All in all, I find that taking even just 45 minutes out of my busy schedule to do something good for my body (especially if it’s with people I love), helps me stay more balanced. I also feel more energized and it gives me something to look forward to.
Additionally, here are some more self-care ideas you can implement into your routine, even if it’s just 15 minutes per day.
Self Care Ideas – Wednesday Wellness Tips
- Read for 15 minutes before you go to sleep. I use my iPad so I can read in the dark!
- Listen to personal development podcasts during long drives.
- Be kind to your mind (it’s okay to have a down day, talk to yourself kindly & know that tomorrow is a new day.)
- Brain walks. Whenever I feel burnt out, I find that even 15 minutes of movement can help reset the tone of the day!
- Plan something mid-week to look forward to. For example, coffee with a friend, game night, or a T.V. show binge with your sister.
- Call a friend if you need to vent, that’s what they’re there for!
Wednesday Wellness Tip of the Week
Now that we’ve covered some of the basic pillars of wellness, let’s discuss the most important tip of all – the Wednesday Wellness Tip of the Week.
If you take anything from this wellness blog, know this – wellness does not just happen, you have to PRIORITIZE wellness.
Likewise, wellness must be intentional and planned. One aspect of wellness I love to do is “spoil myself.” I think we, as women especially, let our achievements “slide under the rug” without really celebrating them.
Next time you do something for you, reward that behavior. One of my favorite things to do is to grab a coffee with a friend or spoil myself with an overpriced latte because it makes my heart happy.
What do you do mid-week to bring more wellness into your routine?
Is it a coffee with a friend, a quick trip to the nail salon, or simply a quiet hour to yourself? Recharging your battery is essential to be able to give this world what it needs from you!
Above all, balance and a wellness lifestyle does not find you and it will not come looking for you, you have to create it. Prioritize it. Live it. Breathe it. Be it.
You deserve to feel balanced in your life and to have more wellness in your busy schedule. Don’t forget to prioritize your health, even if it means sacrificing here or there to make it happen!
This Post Was All About Wednesday Wellness Tips for Busy Women Who Crave More Balance
- A SIMPLE MORNING ROUTINE FOR SUCCESS FOR WOMEN IN THEIR 20S
- 10 WAYS TO MAINTAIN A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE FOR BUSY WOMEN
- 5 INSANELY HELPFUL WINTER WELLNESS TIPS YOU NEED TO START RIGHT NOW
- A COMPLETE GUIDE TO EVERYTHING I BOUGHT FOR MY FIRST APARTMENT – STARTING FROM SCRATCH
- HOW TO PLAN YOUR DAY TO BE PRODUCTIVE: 8 TIPS FOR THE OVERACHIEVING GIRL
- 32DD CHEST – THE RIGHT BRA FOR EVERY OCCASION
- 19 WAYS TO STYLE WORKOUT TOPS FOR BIG BUST THAT ARE FUNCTIONAL AND CUTE
- 5 OF THE BEST RUNNING BRAS FOR LARGE BREASTS TO TRY RIGHT NOW
- 9 OF THE BEST SPORTS BRAS FOR BIG BOOBS WE FOUND ONLINE
- 6 AFFORDABLE ACTIVEWEAR OUTFITS FOR BIG BUSTS I’VE BEEN LOVING LATELY – 32DD
- 5 AMAZING BIG BUST STYLE HACKS I WISH I KNEW SOONER – 32DD
- SPORTS BRA TIPS FOR BIG BUSTS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT
- LARGE CHEST OUTFITS FOR ACTIVE WOMEN EVERY D+ CUP SIZE NEEDS RIGHT NOW
- 7 BIG BUST STYLE TIPS THAT EVERY LARGE CHESTED GIRL NEEDS TO KNOW ABOUT – (HELLO, 32DD!)
- 7 WOMENS ACTIVEWEAR BRANDS THAT ARE SURPRISINGLY WORTH THE MONEY
- WORKOUT TOPS FOR LARGE BREASTS | BUDGET-FRIENDLY ACTIVEWEAR FOR WOMEN
Leave a Reply