Hi, I’m Marissa! I’m 26, from Ohio, USA, and I’ve been an avid exerciser & health and wellness lover my entire life. Growing up, I loveddd playing sports. As I dabbled in every athletic activity I could find, I always struggled to find supportive and stylish sports bras. Hello, 32DD. When I got to college, I still had the same issue, even in well-known athletic brands. I figured that if I had this issue, other women must feel the same. I was tired of overpaying for sports bras that didn’t make me feel confident in my petite, yet bigger busted figure.
I always loved the idea of running my own business but I had no idea how to do it or where to start. I’m here today because I did it anyways. At 23, I launched Forever Evolving™ as a master’s project at my university. FE is a company that embodies what it means to support women literally in the gym and figuratively in their lives because I believe that we as women are always evolving.
I was 6 months into starting my first business when I had my big break. You see, I don’t own any regular bras, I wear sports bras everywhere and for everything. After months of brainstorming and testing, I created a design technology that was my unicorn sports bra – functional and supportive in the gym AND comfortable and attractive for everyday wear, making this sports bra the perfect garment to transition from the gym to everyday life.
I knew my design feature alone was valuable and would help so many women, just like me, struggling to feel supported and confident during exercise.
Imagine taking your most supportive sports bra and having it fit and feel like your most comfortable bralette. That’s what this design did – eek, I know. A few months later, I filed a provisional patent and pitched my idea to a panel of all-male investors at my university to finish off my master’s project. To my surprise… every.single.one.of.them invested in the idea. You can check out the full pitch here:
I always felt that when it came to purchasing sports bras I had to pick one design feature over the other – comfort or support, but never both. At my pitch, I feared dissonance and a lack of understanding due to my audience. Umm, hello to an all-male panel who don’t have.. well.. boobs.😬But, to my surprise, the wives of the investors saw the value in this idea during the pitch which helped validate the project. In 2020, I earned seed funding to launch this bra to you and it was seriously a dream come true.
It’s 2023 and I am still working on this sports bra. After 2+ years of designing at a manufacturing facility, I was ready to launch. Unfortunately, Covid slowed a lot of things down and I am currently focusing on finding the perfect manufacturer to bring this unicorn sports bra to you!
Starting my own business has been such a journey that I will continue to share. At the heart of it all, I’m just a girl that feels empowered to inspire women across the world to love the body they are in, to feel confident in their activewear, and to move their bodies because they can.
Exercise has brought so much joy and confidence into my life and I want to share that with women like you!
Here’s to empowering women to feel confident at the gym, and in their sports bras.
let’s get real
- I just recently got engaged to my best friend. We met during my MBA program in 2020 and pretty much finish each other’s sandwiches..
- I come from a freakishly normal & big family. My parents have been together for almost 30 years (and same with my fianceé’s!) and my sister is literally my favorite human ever.
- I have always loved plants and I am currently growing up my first Monstera (basiccc I know, but how cute is this plant?) Check out the before and after!
- Coffee is my literal love language. Purchasing an espresso machine is definitely in my near future.. (fun fact: I was a barista in college!)
- I recently went to Magnolia Market (umm hello, Joanna Gaines, I love you) and I am living for the day I can decorate an apartment and film the whole process on YouTube! (Oh btw, YouTube is my first love before blogging. You can check out my channel here.)
- I grew up super active (boating, hiking, biking, trying to avoid getting drowned during “king of the raft” as a kid (if you know, you know)). Moving my body has always made me feel so good, and I want other women to know making exercise a habit starts with loving the exercises you do (and rocking an outfit that makes you feel confident while you’re at it ;))